Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Loose or Tight Image, You can't have it both ways.

I was playing in this $1/$3 No Limit Hold em game at the Wynn the other night.  It was early in the morning maybe around 3am when this guy sits down in the game.  He immediately starts talking to the dealer about how much he had made playing in this short handed game.  A game where some tourist would wonder in out of the blue and sit down.  He was basically bragging about how good he was and how bad all these tourist were. 

I noticed that he was playing a lot of hands and raising a lot before the flop.  This is nothing new, I see this type of play all the time at the Wynn.  He was on my immediate right which is where I like to be for this type or player. 

So as the game progresses there comes a hand in my small blind.  Everyone had folded to the button where our loose aggressive player raises making it $15.  I look down and see 6h 6s.  Now considering what I have seen from this guy I don't put him on much more than ace high so I call.  We are heads up on the flop or 2s 4d 7h.  I felt this was a pretty good flop for my hand.  I check and he bets $35 I called.  The turn card was the 5c now giving me an open ended straight draw.  Now I am sure that a lot of the more aggressive players would have bet out at this point.  But, once again I checked to him.  He bet $75 this time and I called.  The river card was the 8s giving me a straight.  At this point I bet $150.  He complained that that was a horrible card for him on the river as he called the bet.  Once I showed the straight he said "What did you think I had? ace king?".  He turned over his hand to show two kings.  He then told me how bad I played.  But, not as nicely as this.  I just let it go as I knew he was upset about having his kings cracked.  Even though I felt his call on the river was just as bad as anything I had done in the hand. 

My point here is more about his table image than the play of the hand.  By being so loose aggressive in his play before this hand it made it hard for me to put him on a real hand.  He is playing LAG so that he can get action and try to control the table.  Then when he has his Kings cracked he gets all upset about it.  I just don't think you can have it both ways. 

Let me know your opinions on this topic.  Do you think I am wrong or right here?

No comments:

Post a Comment