Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

To share or not to share?

Hello everyone,  I was checking out all of the many applications for tracking poker wins and losses for iPhone and android.  I found a couple I liked and downloaded to try them out.  As I was setting them up I cam across features that would allow you to post your session results to your Twitter or Facebook accounts.  I thought to myself that this could be a fun and cool way to show my friends on a session by session basis just how well I do.  It always seems that when I try to tell them just how much I make playing poker that they do not believe I am being truthful.  So I figured this would be a cool way to show my friends just how well I do playing poker. 

But, then I started to think about what other ways this information could be used.  I remembered watching shows about how they convicted a murderer with information gathered from his Google searches.  They talked about how Google and other sites save your information forever.  That got me thinking about the IRS someday deciding to subpoena Facebook or Twitter for the information that I uploaded.  Then they could use these records against me in a tax audit.  I therefore, decided not to use these features from the poker applications.

The two applications I tried that I liked the most were Poker Journal which is only for the iPhone and Poker Income which has both iPhone and android versions. I prefer both of these apps because they both have a screen that keeps track of live sessions as they are played.  They allow you to hit a button each time you toke someone.  You can also track your re-buys and expenses from the same screen.  If anyone has an app that you like, please share it with everyone here.  I am always open to checking out new ideas.  Thanks for viewing and see ya next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment